VirtualMetric is a company incorporated in the Netherlands with the following details:VAT Number: NL855963876B01, Address: Teleportboulevard 110 1043 EJ, Amsterdam – The Netherlands
VirtualMetric is a provider of all-in-one IT monitoring and management solutions for enterprises, telcos, banks and companies managing their infrastructure or providing IaaS solutions.
For purposes of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), VirtualMetric is the data controller of the information collected via the Sites.
What are personal data and personal information?
Personal data is, but not limited to name, email, phone number, company name, position in the company, etc.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
What personal data do we collect?
Our websites and marketing materials are intended for use by business users. Business contact information and online usage data is collected through the following channels:
- Information you provide to us
VirtualMetric may collect personal information when you voluntarily send a direct mail inquiry, an email, or online registration, register to download documents from the Site, participate in seminars or webinars, request company information at tradeshows, and apply for a job via the Site, requests information via the Site. Examples of such personal information include, but are not limited to, individual names, telephone numbers, email addresses, company name, mailing address, job title, etc. If you apply for a job via the Sites, we may also collect personal information via your resume or any cover letter you choose to upload, or via any social media profile to which you elect to provide access.
- Information collected through cookies and similar technologies
VirtualMetric may collect certain information, including personal information, automatically from visitors to its Site, and those of its subsidiaries, including the IP address, time visited, pages viewed, and related information. In addition, when you visit the Site we may collect certain information by automated means, such as through cookies, web beacons, and web server logs. The information collected in this manner may include your IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, domain and other system settings, search queries, device characteristics, operating system type, language preferences, referring URLs, etc.
VirtualMetric uses Google Analytics and other similar tools to help analyze the traffic on the Sites. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of personal information, please see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Information we obtain from third parties
When showing interest in our services from our business partners and/or agents your company name and/or website, full name, business email address, corporate postal address and business phone number will also be provided to us, for us to be able to provide you with the products and services required.
Use of Personal Information and Personal Data
VirtualMetric uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- We use the information received to fulfil a specific service requested by you.
- To plan and host events. Information collected by corporate events, webinars, etc. where event attendees may participate and populated online profiles are used to fulfil the specific services requested by you.
- For marketing purposes. We may use your information to further discuss your interest in the products/services and to send you information about our partners. We will only send you marketing communications and updates about our products, services, and events only with your prior consent or if there is a legitimate interest.
- In order to keep you up-to-date/request feedback. When there is an existing business relationship between you and us, we may inform you, about our products or services which are similar or related to such products and services you have already purchased from us.
- For improving VirtualMetric’s Site and customer experience. We may collect and analyze data on your use of our website and process it for the purpose of improving our online customer experience. This data allows us to understand our customers and their interaction with our website and improve our website to better serve our customers. We may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- We may use the information collected to provide location-based information or services.
- To keep you informed of any updates or new products and services we are offering as well as license renewal and related notices; and/or
- To inform you of educational and informative resources such as ebooks, webinars and blogs which you may be interested in and/or to send you follow-ups to requested resources such as webinar registration information and recordings.
- Other purposes.
VirtualMetric may use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs, and other automated means. You can change your cookies settings in your browser.
Targeted advertisements – Targeted ads or remarketing may be shown to you based on your activities our Site. These ads will be displayed as varying banners or text ads presented to you while browsing. We also partner with third parties to manage our advertising on our webpages and other websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn. These partners may use technologies like cookies to gather information about your activity to be able to provide you with advertising based on your browsing activities and interests and to measure the ad effectiveness.
Where do we store the data?
The information that we collect is stored on secured servers with restricted access and special permissions to access. The information collected may be stored either on secured servers in Europe or outside the European Union. By submitting your personal data, you agree that it will be processed by our staff. We take all steps necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with the highest security standards, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
VirtualMetric may share your personal information with subsidiaries, and/or with its business partners, in order to respond to customer needs or otherwise provide services to customers as requested. VirtualMetric may also, with your consent, engage in joint marketing activities with such third parties and/or disclose personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
VirtualMetric may also share your information with its third-party agents who may be acting on its behalf and pursuant to its instructions to assist in our business activities, including, e.g., providing notice of an upcoming webinar or tradeshow or an event that may be of interest to the target audience, providing customer service, or providing storage services.
VirtualMetric may disclose your personal information if it is required to do so by law or court order.
For how long will the data be retained by VirtualMetric?
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. The data will only be retained for as long as necessary to carry out the processing activity for which the data was collected.
What are your rights as a data subject?
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing the data, you have the following rights:
Right of access – You have the right to know what data is being collected, how is processed and protected. All requests will be handled within 30 days of receiving.
Right to rectification – You may request that incomplete data be completed or incorrect data be corrected. In addition, you can change your preferences in regards to communication with VirtualMetric, receiving marketing messages, newsletters, updates and promotional material at any time. VirtualMetric includes a link to change your preferences in any automated email we sent.
Right to be forgotten – You may request that VirtualMetric deletes all data collected for you. All requests will be handled within 30 days of receiving.
Right to object – You may prohibit certain data uses. All requests will be handled within 30 days of receiving.
For all such requests, email us at [email protected]
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how the data is being processed by VirtualMetric, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with VirtualMetric by sending an email to [email protected]