Technical Presales Engineer
We are a fast-growing, high-tech, and innovative start-up with one mission: provides a hassle-free IT ecosystem monitoring suite that combines performance monitoring, log monitoring, and reporting into a powerful platform for maximum visibility and security.
VirtualMetric monitoring suite gives companies an in-depth insight into their infrastructure and virtualization environment, thus enabling customers to guarantee the performance, uptime, and efficiency of their IT environment.
Why we are proud of what we do? Because Virtualmetric solution is designed by engineers for engineers.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together with a mission to solve some of the most challenging IT challenges in the world every day, let’s talk.
With a solid base of happy customers and partners in Turkey and the US, we are now working on expanding VirtualMetric in Europe. This requires additional resources in all functional areas.
One of the key roles is acquiring an experienced Technical Presales Engineer.
As a Technical Presales Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise to potential customers during the pre-sales phase. You will be working closely with the sales team, product managers, and development team to provide technical guidance and solutions to customers. Your primary objective is to understand the customer’s technical requirements and help them determine if our software is the right fit for their business.
Your Tasks & Responsibilities
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations to potential customers
- Provide technical consultation to prospects, including answering technical questions and addressing objections
- Create and deliver technical proposals and RFP responses
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify opportunities and support the sales process
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to provide feedback on customer needs and market trends
- Develop technical relationships with key customers and partners
- Participate in industry events and trade shows to promote our products and solutions
- Keep up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies
- Contribute to our VirtualMetric team spirit and vibe.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a technical presales or technical consulting role at a (cloud) Enterprise software company
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of 3 or more of the following technologies: Virtualization, Server, Container, Kubernetes, Network, Storage, SQL Server, Exchange, IIS, Apache, and Active Directory
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with sales, product management, and engineering teams
- Ability to travel to customer sites and attend industry events
- Preferably experience with selling software in the IT Ops domain
- Preferably experience with data analytics and business intelligence
- Proactive, self-starting type of person.
- Result-driven personality.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- A good communicator and team player.
- Creative and solution-oriented, “can-do” mentality.
- Preferably a relevant Academic (or HBO) degree.
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands without visa sponsorship (We don’t provide relocation and/or visa support at this moment)
We provide a good startup-style package consisting of:
- A commitment to your career by keeping the conversation central to your growth
- Dedicated learning and support to stimulate your growth
- Become a shareholder of Virtualmetric and share in our success
- You can take days off to provide you with time to recharge your batteries
- Not a morning person? We provide flexible work hours for you to be at your best
- A hardware package that includes a laptop, and other peripheral hardware to make sure you are fully set up to work
- Travel allowance and retirement plan
- An informal yet professional work environment with a genuine start-up spirit
- Hybrid working philosophy – work from the office and work from home in agreement with your manager
- Room for creativity, new initiatives, and ideas.
Primary Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Hybrid).
As a globally operating startup, we largely work as a virtual company with tools like Teams and Trello to stay in close contact and share information.
VirtualMetric is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
Would you like to be part of VirtualMetric and leap into a successful future with us?
Hit the apply button and we are looking forward to your application!